Hot Springs, skiing and snowboarding; skating, ice fishing and snowmobiling, OR cozy around the fire. We've got winter all bundled up!
Here are some ideas to enjoy winter in the Columbia Valley:
- Grab a coffee at Fairmont's newest coffee house (The Local!) and take a wintery evening walk around the Fairmont Hot Springs Resort property to enjoy the lights.
- Walk, skate or cross-country ski along the Worlds Longest Skate Path - The Lake Windermere Whiteway. Just 10 minutes from Fairmont and 20 minutes from Panorama. (Top tip: rent skates in Invermere at Inside Edge)
- Soak in the Hot Springs at Radium, Fairmont (restrictions apply) or enjoy an authentic wilderness experience at Lussier Hot Springs or our local warm waterfall!
- Panorama is an exceptional ski area for families and all abilities. 40 minutes from Fairmont, the parking area makes it a breeze to access the slopes. Buy your lift passes with Fairmont Creek and go straight to the lift! Fairmont Ski Area is a small family hill prefect for beginners and a short drive from our Fairmont vacation rentals.
- Cut your own cross-country ski tracks around the Riverside Golf Course (rent skis in Invermere).
- Visit a brewery, distillery or both!
With low-season rates and the quieter pace of the valley, the winter is a great time to visit - check out our WINTER STAYCATION FREE NIGHTS DEAL with rates starting from $90/night!